Flood Advisory issued July 29 at 6:11PM MDT until July 29 at 8:15PM MDT by NWS El Paso Tx/Santa Teresa NM #Flood #Advisory #issued #July #611PM #MDT #July #815PM #MDT #NWS #Paso #TxSanta #Teresa Welcome to Viasildes, here is the new story we have for you today:
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…Portions of south central New Mexico and southwest New
Mexico, including the following counties, in south central New
Mexico, Sierra. In southwest New Mexico, Luna.
* WHEN…Until 815 PM MDT.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Dangerous flows over low-water crossings. Water over roadways.
River or stream flows are elevated.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 611 PM MDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
shortly in the advisory area. Between 1 and 2 inches of rain
– Additional rainfall of up to 0.5 to 1 inch is expected over
the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding.
– Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Lake Valley and Macho Springs Wind Farm.
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying
BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION
KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.
Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here
If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.